dp&l aegis details & registration
DP&L AEGIS Details
June 5-7, 2018
How the programs works:
- A team (1 teacher + 4 middle school girls) attend a three day summer camp to build and Energy Bike for their school district. These students will learn energy concepts while sharpening their leadership and presentation schools and for their school’s Energy Bike Team.
- The Energy Bike Team will return to their school/district and present electricity and energy efficiency activities using the Bike as a teaching tool.
- Teams are encouraged to extend their expertise and conduct outreach activities to their school district and greater school community during the 2018-19 school year.
- Energy Bike for your school valued at over $4,000.
- Teachers stipend of $250, upon the completion of the summer camp.
- Ongoing classroom support from OEP.
- Complete the online application form by February 15. Schools are selected by DP&L and will be notified by March 1st.
- Select a team of 4 middle school girls (grades 6-8 during the 2018-19 school year) to form your schools Energy Bike Team.
- Participate in the 3-day Energy Bike building summer camp with your students.
- Work with you Energy Bike Team to coordinate school and community events during the 2018-19 school year.
- Report your Energy Bike Team’s impact to OEP and DP&L.
- Need more details? See the DP&L AEGIS Energy Bike FAQ for location, times & what to expect.
- Ready to apply? Use the easy online application.
- Questions? Contact Debby at email@example.com.
Thanks to Dayton Power & Light for funding this program for schools in their service territory.