ohio’s learning standards
OEP is excited to offer teachers energy efficiency programs aligned to Ohio’s Learning Standards.
e3 Smart/Be E3 Smart Energy Efficiency Program Standards
3rd Grade: 10 Sources of Energy, States of Matter, Light & Heat Professional Development
4th Grade: Electricity, Circuits & Thermal Energy Professional Development
5th Grade: Light & Sound Professional Development
- Light and sound are forms of energy that behave in predictable ways
7th/9th Grade: Electricity Professional Development
- Evaluate an electrical circuit in terms of type, voltage, current, resistance and the transfer of energy to other forms.
- Design, create and compare a series and parallel circuit.
- Demonstrate an increase or decrease in resistance in a circuit.
- Create a closed circuit that includes a parallel circuit and resistance and that shows changes in current and voltage.
- Relate the flow of electrons through conductors and insulators and the concepts of current, voltage and resistance.
- Distinguish between conductors and insulators.
- Explain the two models of electric current in terms of charge and direction of flow.
- Describe how power sources, including batteries, are sources of voltage.
- Demonstrate how a variety of circuits are constructed as well as measure and compare the potential difference (voltage) and current.