grade 4: electricity, circuits & thermal energy
4th grade teachers…
Uncomfortable teaching electricity and thermal energy? Need ideas and materials to make it hands-on? Join OEP for a professional development workshop that meets these content standards!
- Teacher resources: NEED curriculum, OEP lesson plans and student worksheets.
- Kit of Equipment worth over $250: 5 sets of Snap Circuits, 5 circuit batons, 6 digital thermometers, additional resources to teach thermal energy.
- Three professional development contact hours.
Registration is open to all Ohio schools. See program flyer.
4th Grade workshops for 2017 are full.
Register to be added to the wait list for a summer program.
Summer 2017 Program Dates & Locations
|Tuesday, June 13||Toledo||1p-4p|
|Tuesday, July 11||Cleveland||1p-4p|
|Wednesday, July 26||Youngstown||1p-4p|
|Thursday, July 27||Akron||9a-12p|
|Tuesday, August 8||Cincinnati||9a-12p|
Ohio Learning Standards the workshop will address:
Electricity, Heat & Matter (Physical Science)
- The total amount of matter is conserved when it undergoes a change.
- Energy can be transformed from one form to another or can be transformed from one location to another.
Earth’s Living History (Life Science)
- Changes in an organisms environment are sometimes beneficial to its survival and sometimes harmful.
Questions? Email OEP staff