grade 4: electricity, circuits & thermal energy
4th grade teachers…
Uncomfortable teaching electricity and thermal energy? Need ideas and materials to make it hands-on? Join OEP for a professional development workshop that meets these content standards!
- Teacher resources: NEED curriculum, OEP lesson plans and student worksheets.
- Kit of Equipment worth over $250: 5 sets of Snap Circuits, 5 circuit batons, 6 digital thermometers, additional resources to teach thermal energy.
- Three professional development contact hours.
Registration is open to all Ohio schools. See program flyer.
Summer 2018 Program Dates & Locations
|Wednesday, June 13||Tipp City (Dayton)||1p-4p|
|Wednesday, June 27||Wadsworth (Akron)||1p-4p|
|Wednesday, July 11||Bowling Green||9a-12p|
|Monday, July 16||Columbus CLOSED||1p-4p|
|Wednesday, August 1||Youngstown||9a-12p|
|Wednesday, August 8||Cincinnati||9a-12p|
Ohio Learning Standards the workshop will address:
Electricity, Heat & Matter (Physical Science)
- The total amount of matter is conserved when it undergoes a change.
- Energy can be transformed from one form to another or can be transformed from one location to another.
Earth’s Living History (Life Science)
- Changes in an organisms environment are sometimes beneficial to its survival and sometimes harmful.
Questions? Email OEP staff