grade 3: sources of energy, states of matter, light & heat
3rd grade teachers…
Do you lack materials to teach energy sources, heat, light and states of matter? Join OEP for a professional development workshop that meets these content standards! View the program curriculum, pre/post assessments and student worksheets.
- Teacher resources: NEED curriculum, OEP lesson plans and student worksheets.
- Kit of Equipment worth over $200: 10 sources of energy samples & activities, states of matter activities, heat & light energy efficiency lab.
- A compact fluorescent light bulb (CFL) for every student.
- Three professional development contact hours.
Registration is open to all Ohio schools. See program flyer.
3rd Grade workshops for 2017 are full.
Register to be added to the wait list for a summer program.
Summer 2017 Program Dates & Locations
|Tuesday, June 13||Toledo||9a-12p|
|Tuesday, June 20||Cincinnati||1p-4p|
|Tuesday, July 11||Cleveland||9a-12p|
|Wednesday, July 26||Youngstown||9a-12p|
Ohio Learning Standards the workshop will address:
- Matter exists in different states, each of which has different properties
- Heat, electrical energy, light, sound and magnetic energy are forms of energy
- Earth’s resources can be used for energy
- Some of the Earth’s resources are limited
Questions? Email OEP staff