grade 3: sources of energy, light & heat
3rd grade teachers…
Do you lack materials to teach energy sources, heat and light? Join OEP for a professional development workshop that meets these content standards! View the program curriculum, pre/post assessments and student worksheets.
- Teacher resources: NEED curriculum, OEP lesson plans and student worksheets.
- Kit of Equipment worth over $200: 10 sources of energy samples & activities, heat & light energy efficiency lab.
- An energy efficient light bulb (LED) for every student.
- Three professional development contact hours.
Registration is open to all Ohio schools. See participation requirements below.
Summer 2019 Program Dates & Locations
Ohio Learning Standards the workshop will address:
- Matter exists in different states, each of which has different properties
- Heat, electrical energy, light, sound and magnetic energy are forms of energy
- Earth’s resources can be used for energy
- Some of the Earth’s resources are limited
Notes on Participation:
- Participation is limited to one time. If you have previously attended this grade-level workshop, you are not eligible to participate a 2nd time.
- You must have a 2019-20 science teaching assignment for the grade-level you are applying.
- Limit of two teachers per school may apply. This may change to one teacher per school depending on the number of applicants.
- Participants will be selected to participate based on your school’s electric utility. Limited space is available to all schools in Ohio.
- You will be notified by May 15th if you have been selected to participate.
Questions? Email OEP staff